Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Journal #9 - Rational response

I'm sure that there have been many times when I have freaked out emotionally. The problem is that we do not always handle those emotional situations in the best way. There was a time when I had to solve a problem rationally even though I was panicking like crazy. This happened recently actually, like basically yesterday. So, the thing is, I have never been good at math. Ever. Math has always been super confusing to me and honestly I struggle to keep up. Our class has been taking quizzes and I have gotten all the right answers but I'm doing the work wrong. Every time I think I am getting a little better, I just end up doing something else wrong and failing. I hate admitting that I am not understanding what everyone else is getting so I waited in the hopes that I would eventually catch on. Unfortunately, I never caught on like I had planned and now I have a bad grade in the class, which is not okay. I am freaking out because I'm afraid that when she enters all of the grades, I will be ineligible. So, after I was done panicking and freaking out I decided that I would do something about it. I asked my friend Izzy if she could tutor me in math and she said that we would plan to get together at least once a week so she can help me. So, I turned an emotional situation around by being rational. I really should not have waited that long to get help, but I am glad I have help now.

No comments:

Post a Comment