Sunday, September 11, 2011

The Crucible "True Colors" - Reflection Blog

My true colors were blue, coming in first, and gold, being runner up. Being blue supposedly means a couple of different things. First, blues tend to be peacemakers. They do not like to cause trouble or be in the middle of trouble. Blues also tend to be very kind and emotional. I'm not sure how accurate these tests are but that is what blue means in a nutshell. Gold, on the other hand, means that you are very organized and always have a plan. I think golds, to me, come off as being a little OCD. Then of course there are the rest of the colors. Oranges are pretty active and have trouble staying still, and greens tend to be less emotional and are more techy. So, briefly, those were all of the colors in the True Colors test. Sometimes, you are able to pick out someones characteristics and possibly even give them a general color. There are characters in the book The Crucible that I think would fall into some of these color categories. For example, I would have to say that I think Mary Warrens is a blue. I think this because throughout the two chapters that I have read, I notice that for the most part she is pretty quiet and to herself. However, there are also times when she speaks out in defense and things of that sort, but overall she is just trying to keep the peace. (Miller, 55) Like I said before, blues tend to be on the more quiet and emotional side, so I think that Mary Warren would fall into the blue category. Now, I cannot back up this theory as well, but I also think that Elizabeth would be either a gold or possibly even a green. I think this because I think she comes off as being kind of uptight and strict. Compared to some of the other characters, Elizabeth always seemed way less emotional to me for some reason. Greens are less emotional than other colors. Abigail however, to me is the more emotional one. The relationship between Abigail and John Procter may be part of the reason that she is extremely emotional. Abigail also seems very passionate and when she talks she talks with great emotion. For example, you can tell this because of the way she talks to Mr. Procter (Miller, 22) and the way she talks to everyone else. So, I would say that Abigail is a mix between an Orange and a Blue, maybe even a little bit of green thrown in there. Now, I'm not really sure what to make of John Procter yet. I think that he is a little temperamental and that he loves Elizabeth, but on the other hand, he has a soft spot for Abigail and does care about her a little bit I think. I would have to say he is a blue just because of how emotional he is the whole time when he is talking to Elizabeth. (Miller, 54) Also, because blues tend to have mood swings and I think that John Procter may have some as well.

Miller, Arthur. The Crucible. New York, NY: Penguin, 1996. Print.

No comments:

Post a Comment