Monday, September 12, 2011

Journal #6 - Blaming

Its hard not to blame others when something goes wrong. I know I am guilty of blaming others when something does not go my way. I really do need to work on that. Now, I have never done something like accusing someone of being a witch or anything like that, but I do blame people for my having a bad day and stuff like that. For example, there has been many times, when I have blamed things on my teachers actually. Let me just say first though that I think everyone does this. So, if I have a lot of homework one night and I get home, then eat a snack, then watch a little T.V, then start my homework lets say around seven, I end up realizing that I had way more than I thought and a lot of it is due the next day. So naturally, it obviously is not my fault that I have so much homework, it is in fact the teachers fault. It is the teachers fault because they never give us a break and always pile on work, not understanding that we have like six or so other classes that we receive homework in. This is exactly what plays in my head every time I procrastinate. In reality, I know that it really is not the teacher's fault. I just say things like that because I do not want to admit that I have bad work ethic and waited until the last minute, so I just decide to blame it on the teachers. This is sort of like what happens in the book The Crucible. Because no one actually wants to own up to anything or be blamed, they just decide to blame someone else. However, in the end it just makes things way worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment