Thursday, September 15, 2011

Journal #7 - Bullying

Bullying has been around since the beginning of time. I never really understood why bullying occurs so much and is such a problem, but it always has been. I always feel really bad for the victim especially at first just because it always seems to be the nice kids that get bullied (that's not always true though). Also I hate bullying so much because you never know how something can really affect a person. For example, if I got pushed into a locker or was called a bad name or something, I would like to think that even though it would hurt a little, I could bounce back pretty easy because I have good friends and family and know how to shake it off. So overall, it probably wouldn't bother me too much, but what if the victim could not just shake it off. What if the victim takes it very seriously and that affects he or she for the rest of his/her life? Knowing that the way you treat people, even just at school can change everything is hard to believe. That is why you have to watch the things you say and do and respect people for who they are. Also, bullying is not a win- win situation. Most of the time it is lose-lose. It is like this because nine times out of ten, the victim is hurt because of the bully, but the bully is probably not to happy either. Honestly, bullying is really one big vicious cycle. Most of the time, the reason that a bully is bullying is because he/she either feels insecure, angry, emotional. I do think that our school does a good job with bullying for the most part. I feel bad though for all of those kids who have to go to a school where they do not feel safe or secure. I think that it is very important for schools to make sure that everyone feels safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment