Sunday, August 21, 2011

Their Eyes Were Watching God - My Opinion



I liked this book so much better then I thought I would. When I first started reading this book I was really nervous because I thought it was going to be really hard to read with all of the slang and stuff. (Hurston, 6) At first it was hard to read, but after awhile you get the hang of it. That's when I started liking the book. There are many reasons why I liked it but I have to say, it may be a little more rateable to a girl rather than a boy. The main character is a girl named Janie. Janie is very strong and determined, but she is also very kind and gentle. This story is very empowering. Another reason that I liked this book was because Janie didn't really have what you or I would call a "happy" ending. Janie overcame many hardships in life and even though her ending wasn't perfect, it was enough for her and she was grateful for all of the good things she did get to be apart of.



There really isn't anything that I didn't like in this book. The only thing I can think of is that the dialect, or the way the people spoke, was hard to get used to and at times pretty frustrating. Other than that, I really enjoyed reading this book.



Hurston, Zora Neale. Their Eyes Were Watching God. New York: HarperCollins, 2000. Print.

No comments:

Post a Comment