Thursday, January 5, 2012

Journal #22 - Sledding Poem

Sledding is one of my favorite things,
I love it so much I just want to sing.
While gliding through all the white snow,
I feel as though I never want to go.

Even if there is tons of ice,
I can promise you sledding is always nice.
With your gloves and your hat and your coat oh so warm,
You are bound to have the most excellent form.

But that is not everything winter can bring,
With all things to do you will never want spring!
Not only is there skiing and sledding galore,
There is presents and baking, and shopping at stores.

There is making snow angels and skating on ice,
And also the cider made with cinnamon spice.
And if there's one thing I know, and I tell you it's true,
That wintertime is often very magical too.

When you look out your window and see all that glitter,
You must go outside no matter how cold or bitter.
There is something about it, so clean and so pure,
It's my most favorite season, I know this for sure.

Now don't get me wrong, I love summer, spring, and fall,
But somehow winter just tops them all.
Along with winter, you must have different seasons,
Because each of them has all of it's reasons.

3 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful work of art. It is so cute, and flows perfectly. The only criticism I would have is that all of the lines are not ten syllables.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with morgan. not ten syllables but beautifully written

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really nice poem! You did a great job with your rhyming pattern. This was a very cute poem.

    ReplyDelete