Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Journal #19 - Importance of Nature & Spirituality

I think that nature and spirituality play a very important role in the cycle of life and death. I feel like nature is important because just like nature, people in a way, kind of go through their own seasons in life just like nature does. I am not exactly sure if this is what I should be writing about, but when I thought about nature and how it is important to the cycle, I immediately thought about this one movie that I usually watch around Christmas time. It is an older movie and at times can be a little cheesy, but ultimately, it is really good and kind of relates to what we are talking about. This movie is called Seasons of the Heart. Basically, to make a long story short, it is about how people got through hard times in life and kind of shut down, like winter. But then, eventually things change and they change and summer roles around. It is actually a really good movie. Anyway, that is what I think about nature and how it relates to our life cycle. Another way you could look at it, is that nature can affect your mood and your attitude at times. Sometimes I really just don't want to get out of bed because it is so dreary outside and it makes me really tired and not motivated at all. The days that are sunny however, make me feel at times, a little happier because it is warm and sunny. So, I guess that nature can affect you in that way too. As for spirituality, I am not exactly sure how it relates to the cycle of life, death, and nature other than that there are many different religions and some of them do involve nature and things like that. Other than religion though, I am not for sure what to write about that. In my opinion, this is how nature and spirituality are tied into the cycle of life and death.

No comments:

Post a Comment