Monday, November 7, 2011

Journal #15

Although I think it is very inconvenient to work on a project with a group of people that live far away from you, with today's technology there are many other ways to communicate. Back in the day, this would have been very difficult to do, but now a days we have things like facebook and twitter. Social networks like those are super easy to use and can be a great way to keep in touch with people that you have to talk to, but are not necessarily pals with. Not only do you have facebook and twitter, but you also have the option of using email and or text messaging as well. However, the reason that this particular project is not my favorite is because sometimes technology can be kind of confusing to use. Because you are not talking face to face, you cannot always hear them so well or something can interrupt the connection, so it can kind of be a pain to use, no matter how convenient it may seem. Also projects like these can be difficult because it is hard to find a time to talk with your partner. Since we do not know them personally, it might be hard to find a time where both of us can talk and work on the project. Also, I do admit, it is a little awkward talking to someone you do not know over the computer or something. I think it is much less awkward when you are actually meeting them in person. Well, I guess I have to do this project no matter what so if I had to pick which kind of technology I would use, I would use either email of text messaging. I think that those types of communications are much easier to use. I think that that is the easiest thing to use because I have my phone with me almost all the time and I also check my email pretty often.

No comments:

Post a Comment