Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Journal #14 - Ben Franklin's Apprentice

I believe that if I were an apprentice to Benjamin Franklin I would learn many things. Benjamin Franklin was a very smart man and was a big part of our county's history. He had many skills so I assume that I would be learning many skills from him as well. I also believe that I could learn many life lessons. I believe that if I were his apprentice, I would definitely learn a great deal about the rationalism time period. Benjamin Franklin lived in a time period in which the idea of knowledge and enlightenment was a pretty big deal. Because Ben Franklin loved to learn new things and loved the idea of gaining as much knowledge as possible, he was a huge fan of Enlightenment. Enlightenment replaced the idea of just using God as an excuse for everything and the ideas of reasoning and scientific knowledge. I believe that I would also learn many things about his thirteen virtues. If I was his apprentice during this time frame, I believe that I would hear a great deal about them and why learning them was so important to him. It would kind of be cool to be his apprentice because maybe I would try to better myself with his virtues as well. Then, I could also try to become a better person in general just like him. We would then talk about what virtues we have trouble with and the ones we need to do better on. I think in a way, it would also be super intimidating to work and help out Ben Franklin. He was crazy smart and it would kind of be hard to be around him without feeling like you had to be that smart too. Overall, I think that it would be an amazing experience just because you have the opportunity to learn so much. It is especially a good opportunity because not everyone during this time received a good education.

No comments:

Post a Comment